Thursday, January 30, 2014
What's your take on the Christian singer who walked out of the Grammys? Have the Grammys gone too far pushing the boundaries?
* … GRAMMYS: One of the sub plots to the recent Grammy awards involved a gospel singer who walked out, apparently upset with the "in your face" tone of some of the performances. The singer in question was Natalie Grant, a devout Christian who was nominated for two Grammy awards. While she was widely criticized for walking out, let's give her credit for doing so with class and without
* … DIVORCE: Now that the economy is slowly beginning to recovery, more folks are feeling more financially secure to seek a divorce. That's right, divorces plunged during the long recession as couples put off divorce until they could afford to split the sheets. But now that things are looking better, the divorce rate has crept back up to where it was just a few years ago. And so it goes.
* … SPOTTED: Comedian Bill Murray posted this on his Twitter account: "I can't decide if people who wear pajamas in public have given up or are living life to the fullest."
* … ANCHORS: Congratulations to KGET morning anchor Maddie Janssen who gave birth to her first son, Eli, this week. Word is Maddie and Eli are back at home. She will be off for several months. Meanwhile, over at KBAK morning anchor Lynda Halligan has announced she is leaving Bakersfield to get married and move to Laguna Beach.
* … REUNION: It took a common interest in fossils for two cousins to come together on Sharktooth Hill. It turns out that Bay area resident Roy Leggitt made a reservation to dig on Sharktooth on the exact same day that his cousin, Los Angeles resident Leroy Leggitt, did so. So they both showed up on Saturday not knowing the other would be there. They hadn't seen each other in eight years and spent the day digging side by side.