* ... BAIT AND SWITCH: If you voted for the state gas tax under the assumption the money would
* ... COUNTRYSIDE MARKET: There is finally some good news for those folks living on the east side of town, particularly those in the Tuscany and City in the Hills communities. Countryside Market has opened a new branch at the corner of Comanche Drive and Highway 178, featuring gas, fresh coffee, groceries and even a Smith's bakery. Countryside Markets are always top shelf, and you can expect this one to benefit from some very grateful neighbors.
* ... REUINIONS: Congratulatons to the North High School class of 1989 that celebrated its 30th reunion at Woolgrower;s, and the Stockdale Class of 1999 which held its 20th this weekend as well.
* ... THEFT: I spotted this post on Facebook. Beware of your surroundings during this surge in crime.
* ... PORTER RANCH FIRE: Check out this picture of a partially burned edition of The Los Angeles Times, scorched in the fire that engulfed part of Porter Ranch in the San Fernando Valley. The banner headline reads, in part: "...blackouts raise anger... high fire danger affect millions" (Screen grab from KTLA live footage)
* ... MEMORIES: And how about these pictures of some old theaters, starting with one on North Chester back in the mid 1950s. The second shot shows movie goers outside of the California Theater at 1816 Chester Ave. Next to the theater was the Opera Meat Market and the Union Stage Depot. The photo is dated 1923 and is compliments of the Kern County of Old Facebook page. Enjoy.