* ... CORONAVIRUS: Americans have grown restless after six weeks of staying at home, and across the country protests have erupted demanding that the country open up for business. This isn't a unanimous conclusion and there are plenty of people - still a national majority - who fear opening
* ... KERN COUNTY: Meanwhile a group of Kern County supervisors, assisted by state Sen. Shannon Grove, are appealing to Gov. Gavin Newsom to allow Kern County to come up with its own plan for a gradual reopening. Supervisor Mike Maggard said the idea would be to phase in a reopening plan based on the conditions in Kern County, that are far better than the situation in Los Angeles and other areas. Joining Maggard and Grove are supervisors David Couch and Zach Scrivner. Maggard will be my guest on Monday at 2:30 on KERN NewsTalk 96.1 FM/1180 AM.
* ... SPOTTED ON TWITTER: "I'm starting a rumor on the Breitbart chats that Covid-19 turns you gay. That should keep a lot of these idiots at home."
* ... ONE OPINION: Tony Martinez, who retired from the Bakersfield police department and now runs a nonprofit that provides house repairs for the needy, did not mince words when he cautioned that we should all be adhering to social distancing. Said Martinez: "What a slap in the face to our chiefs, the women and men of their departments, our doctors and nurses who every day risk their lives and of their families for individuals like those who protested in front of City Hall. No guts to protest in front of a hospital? Constitutional rights? Yes many men and women fought and gave their lives so you could have and use wisely, not for your political or personal agendas. If you have to venture out at least please use a face cover.. think of your children and families.
* ... BANANA BREAD: So what do you think is the single most researched food item that people have been preparing during the quarantine? If you guessed banana bread, you would be right. According to Google, more people researched how to make banana bread than any other food dish. Have you made yours yet?
* ... MEMORIES: Check out these photos of Highway 99 back when it opened in Kern County. These pictures are courtesy of the Historic Highway 99 Facebook page and show stretches of the 99 just south of Bakersfield.