Here are the highlights of CSUB President Horace Mitchell's press conference this morning regarding the current budget crisis:
* The position of Senior Associate Athletics Director Gloria Friedman, who is retiring, will be changed from a management to a staff position at a lower salary.
* Another management position in Athletics has been eliminated.
* Fund raising in Athletics will now report to Athletics Director Jeff Konya. It had been under University Advancement VP Beverly Byl.
* Byl lost her University Advancement job and is now in charge of governmental affairs. She had been a lightning rod for criticism from members of the Foundation. She also is no longer chair of the Foundation. Those jobs now go to Provost Soraya Coley.
* The threatened women's golf and women's tennis teams did not achieve their fund raising goals and may be eliminated.
* Public affairs and communications (Rob Meszaros) will now report directly to the president.