* … WINDWOLVES: A large group of archeologists, botanists and scientists have descended on the majestic Wind Wolves Preserve and are discovering ancient caves and artifacts associated with the
* … MOTHER OF THE YEAR: By the time you are 35 years old you should know better, but a woman named Maricela Celio was arrested this week for placing three children in the trunk of her car after apparently seeing a movie at Maya Cinemas. That's right, and as if that were not enough, a witness said Celio also was driving with another child on her lap with others in the back seat. A sharp eyed witness spotted the incident and alerted police.
* … GARCES: Bakersfield High School isn't the only local school whose football field is getting a makeover this summer. Up at Garces Memorial High, new sod is going into Sam Tobias Field as the private Catholic school gears up for another year of football.
* … SPOTTED ON FACEBOOK: "My sex life is like a Ferrari. I don't have a Ferrari."
* … SPOTTED ON TWITTER: "I don't have any kids yet but I am already looking forward to the day they move out."
* … SUMMER FOOD: The folks over at Jin Sushi downtown know how to finish a meal on a hot Bakersfield day: two slices of ice cold seedless watermelon. This the season for watermelon to have a place on your regular summer menu.
Post a Comment