Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Goodbye Cali and Welcome Nevada!
Got to admire the aggressiveness (and chutzpah as my wife would say) of these out of state communities who seize upon our state budget woes to try to lure California businesses away. Received an email this morning from Bob Cooper, economic development manager for the city of Henderson, Nevada, asking me to consider moving our company to his fair city, which he boasts has:
* No corporate income tax
* No personal income tax
* Affordable workers' compensation rates
* Affordable Class A and Class B office space
* Ranked in MONEY magazine as one of the 100 best places to live in America
* Fifteen miles south of Las Vegas
* Business friendly climate
Bob says he is going be in SoCal at the end of the month and would like to meet. Let's see Bob: yes our state is a mess, yes our legislature is dysfunctional and it's true our taxes are way too high ... but, I think we'll stay put.